HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – A collaboration between two of Huntsville’s art giants is on sale for a low price in March.
Opera Huntsville, in association with the Huntsville Museum of Art, will present some of their favorite operas during the museum’s special $5 after 5 p.m. admission on Thursday, March 24 at 6 p.m. Although admission is only $5, donations are encouraged.
The music will be performed by four singers alongside pianist Christopher-Joel Carter. Singers include Sierra Hammond, Demi VanderWerff, Camron Gray and Chris Farley. The program will last one hour.
The quartet will perform the following songs:
- “Warm Like Autumn Light” from The Ballad of Baby Doe, Douglas Moore
- “My heart opens to your voice” from Samson and Dalila by Camille Saint-Saëns
- “Séguidille” by Carmen, Georges Bizet
- Two sets of “Edna St. Vincent Millay”, Christopher Powell +
- “I Think I Could Have Loved You” and “Intention to Escape Him”
- “Adieu Notre petite table” by Manon by Jules Massenet
- “Largo al factotum” (Place at the factotum) by the Barber of Seville, Gioachino Rossini
- “Lonely House” from Kurt Weill’s Street Scene
- “Quando me’n vo'” (Valse de Musetta) from La bohème, Giacomo Puccini
- “Summer” by Porgy and Bess, George Gershwin
- “Una Furtiva Lagrima” (A Furtive Tear) from L’Elisir d’Amore, Gaetano Donizetti
- “Hello remain chaste and pure” Faust by Charles Gounod
- “Come Paride vezzoso” (As Charming Paride) from L’Elisir d’Amore, Gaetano Donizetti
The Huntsville Museum of Art is located at 300 Church Street S in Huntsville. For information on upcoming Opera Huntsville performances, click here.
Suggest a fix